Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Conversation

me -
I don't feel like celebrating! I don't feel like singing songs and hearing stories of redemption. What about my redemption? What about redemption for my family? What about redemption for my marriage?


bigG-
I told you... I am working on it.


me-
But I am so tired. I am worn out. I can not do it any longer. Why can't redemption come now? I did everything you asked. Except.. well, that, that, that.. I am working on, I am planning on it.

bigG-
Why not now?


me-
too hard, too much all at once. And I am so hurt, and he...

bigG-
I am not asking you to trust him, I am asking you to trust me.


me-
I know. But you expect... everything... it is so hard.


bigG-
It is so hard? And this is easy?


me-
No this is TOO hard. I can not stand it.


bigG-
So why not now?


me-
OK... tell me the story again. The one about redemption. I am listening.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He's on it.

He loves you both so, so much.

Me too.

Love, me

Serial Casual Dater said...

You and Vic will get through this season...even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

blackpulp said...

beautiful conversation, kathy, beautiful,
thanks so much for sharing it.
i'm having conversations like this with God right now, too...
love you,
~j~