Monday, March 24, 2014

Kingdom Come

I've been working on a new series illustrating the Lord's Prayer. As I worked on these images, meditating & thinking about my daily interactions & some big picture decisions, I felt God asking me two things (as Jesus asked His disciples up on the mountain):

  • Sit with HIM & wait, just a little longer. 
  • Stay awake. Be present. 

So simple, but oh so difficult. Stay awake & present in my feelings & emotions, feel both hurt & the fullness of love, accept each moment for what it is & do not disassociate to cope or numb out.  This is no small task, most of us do not stay awake or show up fully to each moment. Most of us walk in our lives very much asleep to ourselves & because we can not go there within ourselves, we are also asleep to those around us. This posture I have been cultivating has infiltrated the milliseconds of my life & at the same time flipped big picture decisions and made them & my life more full & whole. I feel like I have barely woken up, this is just a taste of what the fullness of Kingdom here & now means! 

This is Kingdom stuff & it is powerful. 

“Jesus Said, the kingdom of God is here and now, which means it’s not somewhere else and later.” -JIm Palmer 

Meditating on the Lord's Prayer, in it's simple call for Kingdom come, is a way to sit at the feet of Jesus & stay awake.



Jesus went up on a mountain and He sat down. His disciples gathered around Him.
And asked “Teacher, would you teach us your way of prayer?”

Jesus said, Here is how you pray: 
Our Father in heaven,
let Your name remain holy.
May your Kingdom come. 
[May your will be accomplished on earth as it is in heaven.]
Give us each day that day’s bread—
no more, no less
And forgive us our debts 
as we forgive those who owe us something.

Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Let Your kingdom be,
and let it be powerful and glorious forever. 
Amen.


*These illustrations are being used with the toddler curriculum at Ecclesia throughout Lent & the translation used is The Voice. 

No comments: