Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Day -MLK day
























One Day
(Adapted from the famous Martin Luther King, Jr speech.)


I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in my faith and knowledge of a God who redeems.

I have a dream that one day this relationship will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "To love as Christ loves us."

I have a dream that one day on the street of Indiana my husband and myself will be able to sit down together at a table of mutual strength.

I have a dream that one day even as broken as we are, as hurting and desperate, sweltering with the heat of distrust and fear, we will be transformed into an oasis of forgiveness and joy.

I have a dream that my two children will one day live in a family where they will have a loving, healthy relationship modeled and therefore choose a mate by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am dreaming right alongside you. :) Love loving you guys today.

Love, Kelly