Thursday, May 10, 2012

why the flour hates the yeast


painful parables 
flood my cell phone today
I think about how 
the flour must hate the yeast

the flour
In it's froth 
being invaded
It can not be helped

In it's inactive state
the yeast waits for nothing, but to be added  
sitting with thoughts
that no one wants to hear

once drawn in 
the yeast overtakes the flour
the entire mixture 
changes

the flour
always felt secure
always knew itself
the flour was grounded
but it never knew what it could be

the flour hates the yeast
even at the point of expansion 
expansion has to be the most painful part

If God is in the process
by which we are changed
by which we become love
by which we become His kingdom
Overflowing

And if the yeast represents it all
I see why the flour hates the yeast
I understand why you are angry 
I understand why he is in the dark
I see why she is filled with hate
And I recognize His kingdom in my cell phone
Even as I throw it across the room

No comments: